FINALLY! Pictures of our Trip and a little tale of adventures to entertain...
We flew into Belize City and stayed the night in San Ignacio & Enjoyed Soy Ice cream!
The next day we headed to TIKAL in Guatemala to see the Mayan Ruins! What an incredible piece of history. There were over 3000 ruins in the area and only 20 or so were excavated. You could see mounds covered in jungle everywhere that were all Ruins. It was incredible! The statue was one found in the area as well that we thought was really interesting!
While hiking in Guatemala, we stopped for a TERMITE Snack. They tasted like Carrots and herbs!
Next we headed to the Jungles of BFREE where my Dad and StepMom manage a research facility. We Offroaded in on a Truck named "Grizzly"(notice its "Grill"), and as the jungles became thicker we had to dodge vines and leaves.
In the Jungle we saw all kinds of animals, and Insects GALORE! We saw Howler Monkeys, Spider Monkeys, Crocodiles, Boas, Ferdalace, CoatiMundis, Gibnuts, Possums, Kinkajus, Scorpions, Tarantulas, Giant Hissing Roaches, and everything else you can imagine!
Here is a *FUN FACT* When in the jungle at night, if you look into the grass or vegetation, you see thousands of sparkles that look like water droplets. They are really SPIDER EYES!
What is funny about this is if you notice on the right side of my face there is a little black dot... It is a mosquito biting me... But I had a choice to make, Mosquito VS. Tarantula Bite, so Mosquito had a nice little snack!
While taking a night Hike, my Dad takes off into the Jungle all of a sudden. We hear rustling... And out he comes with a 5 foot Boa Constrictor! Whoa!
I know! It is like something from Indiana Jones!!! This is a half day hike to HOLY ROCK where there is a rock you climb up and jump off of and Vines you can actually swing from! In the water wasn't so pretty, if you stop moving for even a minute, hundreds of little fish start to snack on you! It didn't hurt but it sure made ya jump!
These were the girls that do all of the cooking for BFree, and let us just say, BEST FOOD EVER!
Off to the Villages where we made Chocolate from Scratch! Its weird, its just the beans that you grind with a little bit of sugar and Nutmeg, and BAM- Chocolate!
After our adventures in the Jungle and Villages around, it was time for some much anticipated BEACH Laziness! We headed to Placencia, where we Ate, Kayaked, Ate, Snorkeled, Ate, and Relaxed!




What a Trip it was!!! And here are a few signs that made us laugh along the way!

February 25, 2009
Better BELIZE it!
Posted by Colby & Angie at 3:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
That looks like such an amazing trip! I had so much fun hearing about it at the RS birthday lunch too! Thanks for posting your pictures, they are awesome!
That looks like fun, but scary! I can't imagine eating termites, knowing that the sparkles in the jungle are spider eyes! I am very jealous of the beach laziness though. I'm glad you had a good time!
It looks like you had an awesome time. It totally reminds me of our trip to Cancun. I am glad you were able to get in a fun vacation before the next little one is due. Can't wait to see you next!
how fun! looks like you guys had a blast! the spiders creep me out though!
What an awesome trip! I would love to experience Belize like that, we've been twice on cruise ships, but we really saw limited parts of it. How awesome to have someone show you all the real culture!
Very cool!
Looks and sounds like a fun & crazy trip! You really got to have an adventure down there! I am not sure I wanted to hear about the spider eeyes in the jungle though.
holy heck I cannot do spiders. But what a freakin cool trip!
Post a Comment