CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

November 21, 2008

Hospital Update

Most of you probably know by now that Zach was admitted to the hospital for several days because he had lost a significant amount of weight. We got there Tuesday morning and just barely got home this afternoon. We tracked all calories In and Out and determined that he loses approx 1/3 of what he eats from spitting up. They ran a number of tests on him and fortunately we were able to cross all of the "scary" stuff off of our list. It now comes to a series of trial and errors. We have adjusted his diet AGAIN and will continue to watch him closely. We will also be consulting with another GI specialist down in SLC. We are also anxiously awaiting results for a series of allergy tests. We will keep you all posted as we know more, but for now... please keep our little boy in your prayers. Thank you everyone for all of your love and support during all of this, it means the world to us! We are blessed with amazing family and friends!... Oh and he discovered his tongue today and its been hanging out of his mouth ever since. :)

6 comments:

Lori Ann said...

Poor Zach and poor you! I will definitely keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Emily said...

I am glad you made it through the hospital stay! I hope you get the results of the allergy tests soon! I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. HOpefully you can have a good thanksgiving :)

Broc and Sam McArthur said...

Poor little guy! I hope he gets better soon!

Shelly B. said...

Oh man! I'm glad you were able to cross the scary stuff off! How stressful this must be for you! We are thinking of you guys and will praying that little Zach will like the new diet!

Ross and Dannielle said...

Thinking about you guys!! We're sending good wishes and thoughts your way!!! Keep us updated on his progress!

Mandy and her boys!! said...

Poor little Zach!! I hope that you guys figure things out soon!! It's no fun having sick kids!!